The training of nurses at the Republican Medical College has been conducted since 1947.
In 2009, for the first time in the Republic of Kazakhstan, at the “Nursing” department, the first enrollment of 16 students with the qualification “Masseur” for the visually impaired was carried out.
Today, the department provides training in three qualifications:
- 030201 1 – “Junior Nurse for Nursing”
with the issuance of a standard diploma with a training period of 10 months (1 year 10 months) with the right to continue training;
– maintains the sanitary and epidemiological regime in medical organizations; takes care of patients and persons in need of care, carries out the simplest procedures for patients, within the limits of its competence; works with disinfectants in medical organizations;
– the process of caring for the sick, elderly and senile people and the category of persons with disabilities (disabled);
– the process of servicing the child and adult population in medical and prophylactic institutions of polyclinic and inpatient types, research institutes, sanatoriums, preschool and educational institutions, as well as institutions of the social sphere;
– carry out preventive work and promote a healthy lifestyle.
- 030203 3 – “General practice nurse”
with the issuance of a standard diploma with a training period of 2 years 10 months (3 years 10 months).
– carry out and document the main stages of the nursing process when caring for the patient;
– comply with the requirements of infection control, infection safety of patients and medical personnel in the structural units of the Ministry of Defense;
– carry out preventive, therapeutic, diagnostic measures prescribed by a doctor in a hospital organization, prepare instruments and assist a doctor in carrying out complex manipulations;
– lifelong learning and the use of new knowledge and technologies in their professional activities;
– registration of accounting and reporting documentation of the structural unit of the hospital and the outpatient clinic;
– possess communication skills;
– to organize an outpatient appointment with a doctor (preparation of a workplace, devices, instruments, preparation of individual outpatient patient records, forms, prescriptions, preliminary collection of anamnesis, preliminary examination of patients);
– prepare the patient for laboratory, functional, instrumental research methods;
– to consult on family planning and methods of contraception.
- 030202 2 – “Masseur” for the visually impaired”
with the issuance of a diploma of the established sample with a training period of 1 year 10 months in total.
Objects of professional activity:
is the process of servicing the child and adult population in medical and prophylactic institutions of polyclinic and inpatient types, research institutes, sanatoriums, preschool and educational institutions, as well as institutions of the social sphere.
perform all types of massage provided for in this standard; – carry out preventive work and promote a healthy lifestyle.
The recruitment of students is made on the basis of grades 9 and 11 with Russian and the state language of instruction on a budget and contractual basis. Students are taught in accordance with the current state compulsory education standard.
Currently, modern nursing theories, based on scientific approach and evidence-based practice, present the nurse as an equal partner of the doctor who makes independent nursing decisions, plans and delivers evidence-based nursing care, reflected in nursing documentation. Now the doctor-nurse partnership consists of a doctor providing medical care to a patient and a nurse providing nursing care, working as part of a multi-professional team of health professionals to improve the quality of care at all levels of the health care system.
This is why nursing professionals around the world are currently being trained not only at the level of basic technical and vocational education, but also in the bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in nursing.
In accordance with the order of the Minister of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated July 23, 2014 No. 417 “On the introduction of the educational program of applied bachelor’s degree in the specialty” Nursing “in the experiment mode”, from September 1, 2014, training began on the educational program of applied bachelor’s degree.
The “Nursing” department is considered the main one in the college. It has its own well-established traditions: the international “Day of the nurse”, the international “Day of the Blind”, events that are sure to be celebrated annually by the students of this department.
The task of the college is the development of a professional orientation, social adaptation of the future specialist, the formation of a comprehensive and harmoniously developed creative personality.
Head of the department “Nursing”
Zeinoldina Bagdagul Kazhykenovna