The training of specialists with the assignment of the qualification “Midwife” has been conducted since 1937, with the qualification “Paramedic” has been conducted since 1940.
110 full-time teachers work in the specialty “General Medicine”, among them 2 doctors of medical sciences, 6 candidates, 10 masters.
The department prepares mid-level specialists to work in FAPs, in medical outpatient clinics, in maternity hospitals, in antenatal clinics, in gynecological departments, in ambulances, in hospitals and clinics, in medical centers and in other medical organizations.
The functional responsibilities of a graduate of the specialty are:
- participation in medical and diagnostic, primary health care for patients of various age groups in a hospital, polyclinic, medical outpatient clinics (VA), feldsher-obstetric points (FAP), primary health care centers.
- assessment of the patient’s condition and provision of emergency first aid medical care in case of acute diseases and accidents;
- observance of sanitary-hygienic and anti-epidemiological regimes in medical organizations;
- medical assistance to the population in extreme conditions of epidemics, in the centers of mass destruction;
- use of new information technologies, methods of means of reception, transmission and storage of information;
- participation in the rehabilitation of the patient, and, together with the social protection authorities and charity services, take part in the organization of assistance and placement in boarding houses, hospices for the lonely, elderly, disabled and chronic patients;
- cooperation with patients and their families, observance of the patient’s rights and taking measures to strengthen and maintain the health of the population of different age groups;
- consulting the population on the issues of risk factors for the patient’s health (physical, mental, social, environmental, etc.) and on the issues of reducing their impact on health;
- teaching the patient and his family to maintain health in different age periods, care;
- consult on the issues of feeding young children (breastfeeding, complementary foods), psychosocial development, hardening, preparing children for preschool institutions, school, vocational guidance;
- consult on issues of neuropsychic development, immunization, dispensary observation of children of different ages;
- carry out diagnostics and differential diagnostics using modern research methods, as well as treatment and prevention of common diseases in children;
- registration of normative medical documentation in primary health care organizations;
- interaction and collaboration with colleagues;
- prevention of diseases and promotion of a healthy lifestyle.
Modern teaching methods and information technologies are being actively introduced into the educational process.
It has become a tradition in the work of the department to conduct professional control of students’ readiness for independent work, which is carried out before sending students to practical training.
Students of the specialty annually confirm the high level of professional skills at the republican competition “The Best Graduate of the Year” among medical colleges of Kazakhstan.
Since 2011, under an intergovernmental agreement, students from Afghanistan have been studying at the RCC.
From the beginning, the department was headed by: Kozlova Guta, Rutkovsky O.I., Ziyasheva G.S., Nugmanova R.S., Kashlyak L.G., Korpusenko T.V. , Akuminko L.N., Mendibaeva K.N., Khamitova G.N., Kozeeva S.S., Karagubenova L.A., Tapenova A.E., Tatibekova A.M., Smagulova M.V.
Head of the department “General Medicine”
Gabzhalilova Lyazzat Abdullaevna