The Republican Medical College was organized in 1937 as an obstetric school. Work on the opening of an obstetric school in Alma-Ata began in 1936.
One of the first female doctors in Kazakhstan, Mubina Ibragimovna Niyazova (Tanasheva), became the first director.
In 1934, Mubina Ibragimovna was appointed to the next high post – the head of the department of mother and child of the People’s Commissariat of Health of Kazakhstan.
The first students of the school were Kazakh girls aged 13-14. These were pupils of orphanages who came from various regions of Kazakhstan with basic training in grades 4-5. The number of students at the school was then 168 people, 102 of whom were Kazakhs.
By order of Nakomzdrav, F.P. was appointed director of the obstetric school. Seregeeva. She was a good organizer, although she did not have a medical education. In 1938, the obstetric school moved to its standard building, built at 96 Uzbekskaya Street (now Seifullin Street). In the same year, the institution began training specialists for the sanitary service. Then a group of students of the sanitary-medical assistant department was transferred to Alma-Ata from Kustanai – 77 students, of which 11 were Kazakhs. These 77 sanitary paramedics later, after graduating from school, were sent to the fronts of the Great Patriotic War in 1942.
In April 1939, the school began active work on the creation of cycle commissions. Doctor Shurina became the head of the commission for special disciplines, teacher Omarova for general education. The cyclic commissions were headed by the head of the educational department Nsanova.
The obstetric school was renamed into the republican sanitary-feldsher with an obstetric department. The first release took place on 23 July.
On September 5, 1939, by the order of the People’s Commissariat of Health, Aklima Bisenovna Bisenova was appointed director of the Alma-Ata Republican Sanitary-Paramedic School.
A system of postgraduate training of nurses began to emerge: for the first time, midwives were sent to school to improve their qualifications. In 1941, for the first time in the republic, an exchange of pedagogical experience was held between obstetric schools in Alma-Ata and Semipalatinsk.
In 1943, Aklima Bisenovna was nominated for the post of Deputy People’s Commissar of Health of the Republic for childhood and obstetrics, and Anna Fedorovna Nikitina, a doctor and teacher who had been working since the founding of the educational institution, was appointed director of the school.
In the war 1943, the last graduation of medical paramedics took place. There were 27 graduates. In the same year 44 midwives graduated from school. A year later, the educational institution was renamed into the feldsher-obstetric school of the People’s Commissariat of Health of the Kazakh SSR.
Despite the difficult time for the whole country, students from families of Red Army soldiers and disabled people studied at school for free. So, only in the 1944-45 academic year 15 students were exempted from payment.
Since March 1946, the status of the educational institution was changed again, the full name of the institution became – Republican Feldsher-Obstetric School of the Ministry of Health of the Kazakh SSR.
The end of the war, the development of the national economy, an increase in measures to improve the medical care of the population in the republic, the growing medical network, especially in rural areas, required a large number of paramedics. Therefore, the teaching staff of the school had to train not only qualified midwives, paramedics, but also nurses, paramedics, laboratory assistants, pharmacists. In 1946, departments for the training of laboratory assistants (the only then in the republic) and nurses were opened. In the same year, an external study program for the preparation of persons without a completed secondary medical education began work.
Before the start of the school year, the hostel was overhauled, the gym, the microbiological laboratory and the library were refurbished, a reading room was opened, new visual aids were purchased, and a drama club was organized.
In 1953, the school opened evening (head G. Ziyashev) and correspondence (head L. Kashlyak) departments. Training in them was carried out on the job.
In 1954, the Republican feldsher-obstetric school was renamed into the Republican Medical School.
There were 3 cyclic methodological commissions at the school: on general educational disciplines (supervisor OI Rutkovsky), on clinical disciplines (EV Orekhov), on general medical disciplines (VV Muratovsky).
In 1955, the school opened a new medical assistant and laboratory department for students with a seven-year education.
All the years since its opening, the school has kept the tradition of teaching pupils who come from orphanages. They tried to support them in every possible way. So, in 1956, the 11 children in need of orphanages were given a cash allowance in the amount of 50 to 100 rubles.
In 1957, Kadyr Nurgalievich Nurgaliev was appointed director of the school.
In 1959, Khamit Sapargalievich Begalin was appointed director of the Republican Medical School.
Director Khamit Sapargalievich Begalin worked for 30 years at the Republican Medical School. He was a member of the Council for Secondary Medical and Pharmaceutical Education under the Ministry of Health of the USSR, Kazakh SSR. Member of the Coordinating Council of the International Anti-Nuclear Movement “Nevada-Semey”. He was awarded the orders: “Friendship of Peoples”, “Order of the Patriotic War of the 2nd degree”, “Badge of Honor”, 11 medals of the USSR, a certificate of honor of the International Anti-Nuclear Movement “Nevada-Semey” and other certificates of honor.
In 1986, Khamit Sapargalievich Begalin retired, becoming a personal pensioner for special services to the Republic of Kazakhstan. Khasen Umarbekovich Sekerbaev was appointed director of the RMU.
Sekerbaev Kh.U. was born in 1931 in the Karaganda region.
Director of the school Sekerbaev Kh.U. during his work he was awarded two Orders of the Badge of Honor, two Diplomas of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of the USSR, has the title of Excellence in Healthcare of the USSR and the Republic of Kazakhstan, Honorary Badge of Public Education. Khasen Umarbekovich is the author and publisher of the first textbook in the republic on the specialty “Nursing”. The book received high reviews from specialists and was in demand in medical institutions. In 1996 he went on a well-deserved retirement, becoming a personal pensioner “For special services to the Republic of Kazakhstan”.
In the same year, Candidate of Medical Sciences was appointed director of the Republican Medical School. Talapkali Abishevich Izmukhambetov.
The constant striving for innovation, the understanding of the need to change the role and status of a nurse in society, the transition to new training programs provided the medical school in 1996 with the status of the Republican College for the training and retraining of secondary medical and pharmaceutical workers.
With the change in status, a transition was made to three-year training according to the changed programs and the possibility of further professional specialization and improvement of working specialists with secondary medical education, which made it possible to adjust educational plans with basic training. For this, the management of the college used a convenient form of training specialists in the field through conducting field cycles: “Training of nurses in HIV and AIDS prevention”, “Training in infection control”, etc.
Since 1996, along with the budgetary form of education, a contractual form has been introduced (46 people were accepted). In the future, the admission of students to this form of training has increased significantly, reaching 200 in 2000.
In the fall of 1997, the college turned 60 years old. By this time, the college became one of the largest educational centers in the republic. It is located in a typical educational building with an area of 10,725 square meters. New laboratory rooms, a methodological room, a cinema hall, a library with a reading room with a fund of more than 60 thousand books, a student canteen for 150 seats began to function.
All the conditions for organizing an effective educational process are created in the classrooms and laboratories. In the methodological room, educational methodological materials are concentrated for the improvement and self-education of teachers, class teachers and leaders of circles. A computer lab was being set up, and AIHA’s information center was established.
In 2009, Kairat Jamilovich Yerzhanov was appointed director of the educational institution, a doctor of the highest category in anesthesiology and resuscitation, a doctor of the first category in health care organization. He was awarded the Jubilee Medal 10th Anniversary of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the badge “Excellence in Healthcare of the Republic of Kazakhstan” for special merits in protecting public health in the Republic of Kazakhstan in 2001.
The Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan Yerzhanov K.Zh. transferred to another position in Astana.
By order of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan No. 92m on November 2, 2009, Doctor of Medical Sciences was appointed to the post of director of the Republican College for the Training and Retraining of Secondary Medical and Pharmaceutical Workers. Seidumanov Sultan Turarovich.
Excellence in Healthcare of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Ph.D. Ruzdenova Naylya Beksautovna, by order No. 01 of July 07, 2016, was appointed general director of the Republican Higher Medical College Limited Liability Partnership.